Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrate progress...

Happy Thanksgiving...tomorrow! Sasha is almost 3 months old and is progressing in so many ways. Aaron and I have so much to be grateful for this year, especially our cute little Sasha. She has been sleeping around 8 hours a night and is eating like a champ (as you will see from her chubby cheeks). We're now working on getting her to nap better and on a more consistent basis. I just read a book recommended by many friends called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child so we're trying it out. I have my fingers crossed right now, hoping it will work. So far, his advice about only 1-2 hours of time awake after the feeding is pretty accurate. In fact, today Sasha has gone down for 3 naps, the first of which she didn't cry, just made a few babbling sounds. The second two she cried but for maybe 3-5 minutes. She slept for 2 1/2 hours the first one, 2 1/2 hours the second one and she's on her third nap about 20 minutes in. It will be interesting to see how things go with the holiday tomorrow, being away from home.


Sasha sleeping in her favorite cactus pose. Her little arms are so cute since they don't even reach the top of her head.Sasha playing with her favorite toy. Okay, so I put in her hand, which automatically goes toward her mouth to suck, but I consider it "playing."

We are so grateful for amazing family, supportive friends and lots of fun events to keep the spice in things. We have been blessed with a beautiful home, Aaron has a good job (and fabulous benefits), I have a good job (10 hours a week as the wellness coordinator for Regence) that starts back up beginning of December and we're excited for the holiday season. We send our love and gratitude to all of you!

By the way, Sasha isn't quite holding her own bottle as she eats just yet, although we still consider her our bottle prodigy. Now she just runs her hands up and down it to feel it while she eats. We'll keep working on getting her to hold it. :)

3 comments:

Buckwheat said...

It looks like Sasha is just preparing for the day that her arms will go past her head so that she can do hand-stands.

jacey said...

I don't know why, but this post made me feel warm and fuzzy, especially the picture of Sasha sleeping. I am so thrilled that things are going so well- finally!

Laura said...

The nap schedule sounds a lot like the schedule I did with Emma called Baby Wise. You will love having her on a schedule! All the work pays off. Emma was the best sleeper and still is EVER!!!
Sasha is soooo cute toO! I am glad you guys are enjoying this so much!
Merry Christmas! I hope we get to see you if you come up!