I don't know if it's the spring weather, Aaron coming home early to surprise us, chatting with a close friend or Sasha having a good day, but I'm feeling especially grateful for all that I have today. With all the chaos of raising an active child, keeping up the house, making the constant improvements that come with a house, working part time, fulfilling church responsibilities and trying to have a social life, life can get pretty fast-paced. So, I'm taking a few minutes today to just slow down and ENJOY! That's right - I'm inefficient for a few minutes to just appreciate what's around me. Here are a few things I love:
- Spring weather when it's warm, but still a little cool and plants are budding
- The tiny little buds that are starting to come up in our garden
- The way Sasha moves all around while she sleeps and ends up in a completely different place and positive by the time she wakes up
- Aaron coming home early so we can go on a hike to enjoy time with each other and the outdoors
- Sasha sleeping peacefully
- The sound of the dryer (I know it's strange, but it must be from my mom always putting me on top of the dryer when I was a colicky baby)
- Conversations with good friends that inspire me to be better
Hope you get the chance to take a few minutes today and just ENJOY!
3 comments:
Grateful to have read your blog and been inspired!
Now that it's over 60 degrees outside, Sophie and Abe have fans set up to blow on them at night. They love white noise, too.
I'm glad you were inefficient for two minutes to write that blog so that I could be inefficient for a second and read it. We love the Hensons! Let's go hiking together.
Post a Comment