Okay, so I've been a slacker in the blogging world and I'm trying to redeem myself by posting some great photos and fun updates. Lots has happened since I last wrote in June, but rather than write an essay that would most likely bore you, I'll give you a few tidbits along with what you really want...photos. May, June and July consisted of lots of fun and interesting adventures:
Sasha attended her first REAL soccer game and loved it! This crazy group behind us even had a big horn and yelled at the referees non-stop, but Sasha seemed to like the chaos the best.

Sasha's first time swimming in grandma and grandpa Henson's fabulous pool. She used to hate the water, but ever since taking swim lessons, she's a splashaholic.

Aaron went on his annual Guys Only backpacking trip in the Uintas. They had a fabulous time relaxing, hiking, fishing and playing games.

Sasha finally got her first tooth about 3 weeks ago so she's eating even more solids and loving all the variety. Mostly, she just wants to eat anything mama and papa are eating. I had to put a few photos from this dinner session because she was being so dang cute.

Sasha is walking! I know, it's hard to believe that just a few months ago, she was barely scooting around and trying to get the hang of the whole crawling thing. Now she loves the freedom of moving around herself and getting into everything in sight. We have proof with all the bruises on her forehead from falling down (she's still a little wobbly at times, especially on grass). I promise to post a video that we took of her really walking, but my computer was being really slow so you just get one video this time. The below shows me chasing Sasha - she loves it when I pretend to chase her.
Other updates that I don't have photos for include:
The Henson family reunion took place over the 24th of July weekend at the Canyons in Park City. It was so much fun spending time with family, swimming, having marshmallow gun wars, hiking around while taking in the beautiful scenery, enjoying the cooler weather, relaxing in the hot tub and laughing a lot with family. We loved seeing everyone and celebrating Grandma GG's birthday. Thanks to Kerry and Larry for organizing such a fabulous event!
I was laid off from my job as wellness coordinator for Regence at the beginning of June. I admit that it was pretty tough on me because I loved my job and being able to help people in so many different ways. It was perfect because it was only 1 1/2 days a week so I could still spend most of my time with Sasha. I'm looking for opportunities so we'll see what the future holds. :)
8 comments:
I can't believe Sasha is walking! She is so dang cute! Sounds like your summer has been fun. Sorry about the job. :( Good Luck finding other oppurtunities!! :)
Sasha looks so grown up! We love the photos and especially the video. Brandan had the volume turned up when he watched it and Sasha's squeals sounded like ominous growls.
Oh she is adorable! I'm so glad that you put those pics up of her....that smile is killer cute ;) Sorry to hear about your job, i remember you talking about how much you really enjoyed it.
Wow, that makes me realize how long it has been since we have seen you. Sasha is so big and so cute! I'm glad you have been having fun summer adventures. Have you considered a vacation to the East Coast? I hear Philadelphia is the best.
It looks like Sasha's hair is getting a little curl to it. She is a cutie! Glad you guys have been having a fun summer.
We have loved our car seat! I had to buy one a year ago and was stranded with few options. Luckily I chose a great one. It is by Graco. My mom also purchased a Graco seat for when we come to town and she has had that one for about a year also. It is a different model but very similar. Its pretty cozy for Addy and she is always good about being in it. If you have any other questions I can look at the box and tell you more specifics. :)
Congratulations on your baby walking, she is so cute!!!
By the way, both car seats are by evenflo. Sorry! :)
Is that you in the waterwings? j/k It sounds like you've had a great summer, minus the job situation. Total bummer, I know how much you loved it. There must be something even better out there for you. K', never heard of marshmallow gun wars. I want to try- how is this done? Your baby is walking! For me this was good and bad- didn't have to carry her everywhere, but had to watch her like a hawk. She is so stinkin' cute! I can't wait to see her in person again.
Post a Comment