Sunday, February 13, 2011

Share the Love!

In celebration of the upcoming day of love, Sasha and I made a valentine for Aaron. It was Sasha's first time doing valentines and using scissors so I wasn't sure how it would go. Just picture a 2-year old girl with pretty paper, sharp kid-size scissors and glue. It turned out to be such a great time and Sasha loved tapping into her creative side. I think her favorite part was giving the valentine to Aaron - she couldn't wait to give it to him so we gave it to him early. She was so excited and proud to give him something special. I have been so grateful to have him around over the last year and a half (as he worked on building his own company) and see how his relationship with Sasha has deepened. It just makes me happy to see how they play together and how much Sasha adores her papa - plus, it doesn't hurt to have a hubby who understands what it means to take care of a child all day. :) We love you, sweetie!

Aaron had a surprise of his own for me on Saturday when I got home from work. He made me a special valentine. He got points from me just for thinking of doing something, but he took it to a new level. He looked through all my crafting scraps and made a "repurposed" card as an homage to the last year and a half. I don't know if you can see, but he actually cut out the word 'Valentine's' by hand - all I can say is wow. Thanks for the sweet card and, most especially, the effort that went into it.
To continue our post-sickness enjoyment of the winter season, we took Sasha snowshoeing and sledding. Okay, the snowshoeing ended up just being snow hiking because we decided to go on the Bonneville shoreline trail to be assured the joy of basqueing in the sun while hiking. Sasha even hiked for about 1/4 mile of the steepest part of the hike - what a trooper! Notice Sasha's attempt to lean in to the photo after papa asked her to lean close to him for the picture. We didn't get a great photo of sledding, but Sasha liked it. We found the perfect, little hill for her first time. She was hesitant at first, but she warmed up to it after the first time. I loved that the hill had a steeper part up higher that led into a more shallow section. Aaron and I enjoyed the steeper part on a few solo runs and stuck to the shallow section with Sasha. Aaron even attempted to "snowboard" down on the sled and got a lot more speed that he bargained for. He ended up having to bail early, but it was a good time for all of us.

3 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Happy Valentine's Day! All our love to you.

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is too cute. What a great hubby! and huge props to you for hiking in the snow....love hiking, but only when it is sunny and warm :)

jacey said...

Sasha IS a good leaner.

Wow, that Valentine from Aaron deserves lots of points. Very sweet and impressive.

Sasha looks so cute with her home-made Valentine.

You are such a wonderful mother!