Yesterday (Saturday, May 10) Aaron and I had the opportunity to do the Race for the Cure, which raises money for breast cancer research. It was a lot of fun because my work puts together a team each year and I get to be the team captain. We even have a 5K training class that I teach at work to prepare for the race. We had over 80 team members this year! I also get to lead the warm-up for all of the race participants (around 17,000 people) that takes place just before the start of the race. Me, along with a few co-workers, get on stage for about 10 minutes and help people get warmed up for the race (good thing this year because it was pretty chilly in the morning). It's something that I look forward to each year and I'm glad that our little girl was up for doing it again this year. Below are a few photos of the event.
Warm-up at the starting line (you can see me along with my two assistants on the stage just behind the cheerleaders in green t-shirts)
General starting line photo to get an idea of where we're at (the overpass is North Temple and the street we're standing on is 4th West with Energy Solutions Arena in the background).Aaron and I after the race


1 comment:
Woohooo! Welcome to the blogging world! Now Salem can at least see updated pictures of you when she's having Lugga withdrawals! We love the prego pictures; you're getting such a cute tummy! We love you guys and are so proud of the wonderful family that your becoming.
Post a Comment