Sunday, September 14, 2008

Welcome Sasha Mary Henson!

After much anticipation, we are so happy to welcome Sasha Mary Henson into our family. She joined us on Labor Day, September 1, 2008, at 8:02 pm. Leave it to our little girl to come on "labor" day...apparently she's destined to have a good sense of humor. She weighed 7 lbs 1 ounce and was 19 3/4 inches long. We have had a crazy 2 weeks and have learned a lot through this whole process. She is such a little angel and we love her more than we thought possible. Here are a few photos of our first week together that I thought you might enjoy:

Sasha at 1 day old sleeping with her papa's hand to keep her safe and secure.


You can see a little bit of her dark hair (lots of it) and her sweet little face. This is at 6 days old...isn't she just adorable?!?!
This is me and my pregnant belly just a few hours before delivery. For those who want to know, I waited until I was dilated to about a 7 and then had a light epidural so I still had some feeling and could push...worked out pretty well.
Sasha was born at 8:02 pm on September 1, 2008 and has forever changed our lives!
Sasha and her proud papa

Sasha was Coon's positive, which means that my blood was attacking her blood...scary...and that gave her basically a really bad case of jaundice so we had to keep her on these alien-looking lights for about 4-5 days. So glad that is over!

I just love the following 2 photos because she looks just like her usual beautiful, precious self. I know I'm biased as her mother, but she is adorable!

Last, but not least, Aaron and I are so grateful to family and friends who have been so supportive and loving, especially during these last 2 weeks. There is no way to express how much we appreciate all that you have done for us!


17 comments:

Tabitha Anne said...

AWWWW! She is adorable. We can't wait to see her in person! More pictures please!!!

Sherrie said...

Congratulations Henson's!
Sherrie, Tim, Jackson and Broder Hanna...(Sherrie Hepper)

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!! Congratulations. I LOVE her name! Yeah!!

Cara Rigby said...

Yay finally! I've been checking for pictures of your little princess and must admit it was worth the wait....she is beautiful. Congrats :)

Miss Jackie said...

Yay! I have been waiting to see her! LOVE the name..RUssian I am guessing? She is absolutley beautiful...congrats you two! Can't wait to see more and watch her grow!

Brandan and Becky said...

She's beautiful! We're so happy for you!

shelleylyn said...

So happy you brought her into our family! We love you guys :)

Heather said...

She and Spencer will be so happy together...I can totally see Aaron in her right now.

Christian & Emily Rytting said...

What a cute baby girl! I can't wait to actually see her. Congradulations!

e said...

Sasha is beautiful. Congratulations! I love your tenderness about her (not surprising, but still).

Maggie, Drue, Salem, Sutton, & Xander said...

We love our newest little niece and cousin! We can't wait to watch her grow! We're so proud of the wonderful family that you've become. Sasha is lucky to have parents like you!

Darren and Kim said...

What a rough start! She is beautiful. Watch out, soon she will be 10 months old like my little guy. Check out our blog http://darrenandkim.blogspot.com

w and w said...

Way to go Becky! She truly is a beautiful baby. I think she looks a whole lot like Aaron from what I see in the pics. We're glad she's healthy and safe and can't wait to meet her! We love you both!

Gingerlylizzy said...

I just found your blog... CONGRATULATIONS! She is absolutely beautiful!

Laura said...

SHE is BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks like Aaron too! That is so funny! Why is it that our little girls look like their daddys?!! :)
I didn't know you had a blog!? I am glad, now I am spy into your life and see your little one grow!
CONGRATS!
Love Laura

The Rust said...

Hensons- Hey I just found your blog! I know I'm right next door and I haven't even seen your little girl.I just wanted to give you time before people come over. ;o) I love the pics. she is adorable!!!!

Traci said...

Hey Becky! This is Traci Nelson. Kevin and I were in the Winder 1st Ward almost a year ago, do you remember us? I got your blog website from Allison's Blog. CONGRADULATIONS on the new baby!!! She is beautiful! My and Kevin's Blog is Thenelsonfamblog.blogspot.com I just started our blog about a month ago. Glad to see everything is going good for you two!