Sasha's Blessing
Sunday, November 2
10:15 am.
I'm learning so many lessons that it's sometimes hard to keep up. I am so grateful for Aaron and how supportive he has been through everything - how lucky I am! We have had some ups and downs over these last 2 months and he has been a rock. Since being diagnosed with a rare syndrome called Raynaud's Syndrome (which makes breastfeeding or pumping extremely painful), he has helped with feeding Sasha so that I can get more sleep (what a champ) in addition to changing his share of diapers, keeping the house in working order (no small task since having to get a new dishwasher, winterize the sprinklers and swamp cooler, get the garage door fixed, etc) and keeping me sane. I can't imagine going through this amazing experience without him.
Here are some of the updates on what Sasha's doing now at 8 weeks:
- She weighs around 10 pounds (her last weigh-in was about 1 1/2 weeks ago so she could be more now)
- She is now playing with her tongue a lot and smiling more and more each day. It makes everything so worthwhile to see her beautiful, smiling face look up at us.
- Her sleep patterns continue to improve...she actually slept from 9 pm to 5 am last night - yippee! Now we just need to work on some consistency so I can actually have some semblance of a schedule or at least something kind of close to it.
- She loves the changing pad and enjoys getting her diaper changed.
- She's enjoying baths more and more. We even tried her first shower and she did great.
- She loves to sleep on one spot so it's definitely flatter than the other side, but we're working on that one. We are constantly amused by all of her facial expressions and sleeping positions.
- For Halloween, she has a little lamb costume that her sweet mother-in-law gave her. We'll take her around to at least a few houses so Aaron can have some candy to eat. :)
- She loves music so we play music while feeding her and sing her a song ("Teach Me to Walk in the Light") at bedtime.
- She's starting to notice her hands more and bring them to her mouth, occassionally drooling all over them in the process.
- It looks like she might prefer the Evenflo bottles after drying a number of different bottles and nipples...phew!
- I'm speaking to her mostly in Russian so hopefully she'll pick up on it.
- Her frowny face is probably the saddest expression I've ever seen and makes you want to fix whatever could possibly be bothering her at the moment.
- Her 2 month appointment is next week so I'll be sure to update with all of her stats.
That's all for now. Love to all of you!
2 comments:
Hey Becky...
Will you email me your phone number? I want to call you and talk about this syndrome you were diagnosed with. Nursing is excrutiating for me for so long every time. I thought I was just sensitive but perhaps there is a reason for it!!! my email is liz.weekley@gmail.com... I would love to get details about this!
Beckster,
Be sure to post pics of the little lamb...
Give me a call when you can or let me know when I could call you!
Post a Comment