Sunday, October 19, 2008

First Hike and first swim...

Aaron and I decided that we needed to start doing more of the things we love so we can pass this love on to Sasha. We love hiking and swimming so Sasha had her first experience with both yesterday. Granted, the swimming experience was more like dipping her legs in the water, but we're counting it. We decided to be adventurous and hike in Lamb's Canyon since we hadn't been there before. It was a beautiful day and an amazing hike. We loved seeing the multicolored aspen leaves covering the dirt trail and little bits of snow here and there. Sasha enjoyed the hike as well, especially the sunlight and stream. My mom took the swimming photos so I'll have to get them from her and upload them later. For now, enjoy the hiking pics.

Here's Aaron with Sasha in her Baby Bjorn at the Lamb's Canyon trailhead. I think she's actually sucking on part of the Baby Bjorn, which isn't a new thing since everything somehow makes it to her mouth. :)
The happy hiking Henson family
Aaron with Sasha, self-portrait...I think it's a great one, considering that he took it himself while balance Sasha, who was a little fussy at this point (we forgot a binky, silly us)
Sasha beginning to fall asleep. I took this show how she likes to hold out her arm even while sleeping, but it's kind of hard to see. Oh well, at least it will bring back the memory.


5 comments:

Alyssa and Co. said...

Looks like you're having a great time as a family. Aaron is such a proud papa.

Brandan and Becky said...

Love that autumn sunshine! Looks like a great day for a hike. Wish we could have joined you.

e said...

Props to the Hensons for not messing around! Sasha will be begging for hikes as soon as she can talk. And with good reason: what a beautiful day.

The Rust said...

Yea, I'm glad you were able to get up to the mountains with her before the snow hit.

Ashley said...

Wow thats great that your out and about and doing so good. Sasha is adorable! I really miss those new born days. They grow so fast! My baby has slept with her arms up since she was born. It's crazy that they are cozy.

Sorry to here about the nasty infection. Hope all that is getting easier. I really struggled with nursing. It was so painful!!! It didn't get better for me until after 9 weeks. But it is worth it!