We did Valentine's in two shifts this year. On Friday, my parents watched Sasha while we painted the town red. Okay, we went to dinner and actually went to the theater to watch a movie that Aaron has been wanting to see (Taken...good show, but pretty violent). On Saturday, I wanted to go old school with Valentine's so I went with the classics of construction paper and hand-written notes. I cut LOTS of hearts out of construction paper. On some of the hearts, I wrote things that I love about Aaron and hid them all around the house. The best part? He hasn't found all of them yet so it's the gift that keeps on giving. Next, I taped the rest of the hearts all around the house, which almost caused heart overload, but was fun nonetheless.


The final topper of the evening was a version of Aaron's favorite dessert, brownies and ice cream. The brownie is a chocolate recipe with chocolate syrup and then has added chocolate chips - oooh, chocolatey goodness. Next the little white blobs are actually heart-shaped chunks of chocolate cookie dough ice cream (I mashed the ice cream into heart-shaped ice cube holders and then pushed them out onto the plate). Finally, the whole thing was topped with a white chocolate drizzle that had a few drops of red food coloring. The result...a huge, pleased smile on Aaron's face when he saw it, as he ate it and after he was done. What a fun day!
5 comments:
That looks so good! I'll have to send you the recipe I just found...chocolate chip cookie dough brownies...Aaron won't know what hit him :).
I'm having a pavlovian drooling response as I'm speaking just looking at that dessert. Ummmmmm boy!!!
What a fun idea, and the dessert looks so yummy. ps- your house looks great!
way to put me to shame! you are such a sweet wife....and that dessert looks to die for!
So glad you found our blog! What a cute little family you have. I think we have seen you once since you got married, but congrats on the little one. They are so fun, aren't they! And what a cute house you have!
Post a Comment