Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We've decided to take advantage of technology and send out our Christmas card online. So, here's the blog version:

Merry Christmas 2009! What a year it has been! We've had lots of fun adventures, most of which revolved around a cute, little toddler you might know, our little munchkin Sasha. It's been so great to experience things as if for the first time with her. I have never seen a child so passionate about so many things...being outside, stuffed animals, real animals (especially dogs), beads, necklaces, jewelry, grandma and grandpa and the list could go on. She loves running around and exploring any drawers, cabinets or compartments. Her vocabulary is growing like crazy and includes words like "mama, papa, wow, dog, happy, hot, and outside." Guess we'll have to watch what we say more closely. :) We celebrated her 1st birthday this year and our favorite part was when she tasted sweets for the first time and decided that she really liked cake (see photo below). In fact, she liked it so much that she eventually just bent over and planted her face in it. That's our girl - go big or go home!

Aaron recently changed jobs and joined a partnership with Global NES, Inc., a renewable energy company based out of Colorado. His company sells and implements energy analysis and reduction measures along with renewable energy technologies. In short, Aaron is super hip. As always, he's working hard on projects around the house and will soon complete the redo of our fireplace. YIPPEE!!

For me, things have changed in ways I didn't anticipate. Since being laid off from my position as wellness coordinator at Regence, I have been able to do some projects for my parents' business so it has been a blessing for us all. Plus, I get to spend lots of time with sweet Sasha.

We love our home in Sandy and continue to make small changes here and there. So far, we have a new roof, furnace, microwave, dishwasher, landscaping and fireplace. Phew! We have loved having a garden this year and look forward to developing more of a green thumb.

We are especially grateful to family and friends for your love and support. At this special time of year, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and His message of peace and love. We love you and wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,
Aaron, Beck & Sasha

P.S. Here another cute photo for those who endured and read the entire letter. :)

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

So Cute! Merry Christmas!!

Love,
The Dutson's

Amberlynn said...

I loved reading your letter. Your little peanut is adorable! With her getting older, I can see more of Aaron in her. Congrats on all the completed projects with your house. Bet that feels awesome! Merry Christmas!
The Whiting Family

Joe and Megan Karlsven said...

Wow she is getting so big. Nice Christmas sweater by the way. Hope you guys have a good Christmas. You need to post more often so i see what you guys are up to.

Brandan and Becky said...

What an amazing family. Thanks for posting. It's fun to see what you're doing. I've been enjoying Mike Wilcox's latest book about what scriptures teach about parenting. Highly recommend it.

Heather said...

The last picture made the rest of the blog all worth it :).

w and w said...

tooo darling! You two are the best! Merry Christmas! I love hearing about your life. You're always doing amazing things! Thanks for inspiring me!

Buckwheat said...

Out of any kid I know, I think that Sasha looks like the perfect blend between both of her parents.

Chelle and Aaron said...

Sasha is way cute! I'm glad Aaron got a new job, that sounds like a much better fit to me. We need to see you guys soon!