I stepped inside to find a path made out of conversation hearts (sort of hard to see, but you get the idea). The trail of hearts led to little framed signs that Aaron made for me many a few years ago. Each of the frames a title in the center like "I love Becky" or "Becky is my Sweetie" and surrounding it were little reasons why he loves me. By each of the framed signs was a small chocolate treat (excellent taste, I might add).
When I got to the end of the trail, I found two smiling faces waiting for me! Did I say how much I love surprises? Because I LOVE SURPRISES! The best part is that I thought this was the big surprise that Aaron had been hinting at for the entire week. Little did I know (insert devous laugh here)... Aaron wanted to go to dinner and use a gift card that I got for him a while ago. Apparently, I was feeling adventurous when I bought it because it was to a Thai restaurant. Off we went with Sasha and a bag full of back up food supplies for her in case she didn't take to the Thai cuisine. As we got out of the car, I noticed that Kerry and Larry, Aaron's parents who live in Layton, happened to be getting out of their car to eat at the same restaurant in South Jordan. Whoa, what are the chances?!? Wait a minute...you can't fool me. Aaron planned it. Not only did they eat dinner with us, but they stayed with Sasha while Aaron and I went to see Avatar (awesome movie, by the way). So, thanks to my hubby for knowing that I love surprises and making this Valentine's perfect. For Aaron, I happen to know that the fastest way to his heart is through baked goods and thoughtful, homeade gifts. So, I made my first attempt at homeade sweet rolls. Let's just say that they tasted great, but didn't turn out as well as I had hoped since they didn't rise hardly at all. Seriously, I let them rise for 2 hours in the morning and then again after I put them on the baking sheet while we went to church. Aaron was happy so that's all that matters, but if you have a great cinnamon roll recipe, I'd love to get it.
For the thoughtful, handmade gift I made the little book below (thanks to Christina for the great idea). It starts out looking like an ordinary book...
But when you open it up, SURPRISE! It's a little different than expected. Love you, sweetie!
We've been enjoying the Olympics so much that we thought we'd let Sasha join in the celebration by wearing a shirt that's sort of a shout out to all bobsledders, speed skaters, aerialists and any spandex-top-wearing athletes out there. Future Olympian? I wouldn't doubt it!
6 days ago
5 comments:
Fun valentine surprises!
Perfecting cinnamon rolls is not a bad assignment to give yourself. You could have a lot of fun trying different recipes and eating the results.
Such a cute post! Such a cute family!
Hey! I found your blog...I'm so proud of myself :) And so fun to see what you are up to...keep it up.
Wow, who knew that my brother was such a creative romantic? I'd like to say that I helped in that area, but alas I didn't. I do have a great recipe from Lisa for orange rolls, or I have a pecan cinnamon ring (monkey bread) that is delicious (I don't use the pecans though). Let me know if you're interested.
I'm not sure that I have your email...but anyway, just wanted you to know that just for you :) I posted a great, easy dinner roll recipe on my blog...Cheers!
Post a Comment